Sunday, February 17, 2008

Just a laugh...

As I read back over my post from yesterday I had to laugh a little. I'm normally a bit more "composed" in my writing than I was in that post. That just shows one of two things...either I was really frazzled by the topic or it was really too late for me to be writing about a topic that had me so frazzled! LOL...I guess it was a bit of both.

Today I was tired. The hubby and I had "date night" last night and grandma came to watch the boys. We saw "Fool's Gold" and it was definitely the laugh I needed to take my mind off the craziness of late. No one died, at least no one good or that you were attached too....no one was really mean, except for Tess hitting Fin upside the head (but he deserved it)...and the dynamic between the two main characters just made you think that everything bad would eventually have the "happily ever after" ending. It was perfect timing for my soul and it got me to pondering...our lives DO have that kind of ending. Thank goodness that the end of this earthly life isn't it!

Our "happily ever afters" come when we meet our Father face to face and hear those precious words..."well done, my good and faithful servant." I can only imagine that anyone who cares for the most precious of us...being children...will have a special place in Heaven. My grandpa, who I spoke with for a while tonight, also believes that anyone who harms those precious little ones has a special place too...but I don't think he meant it's of the heavenly kind!

At church, the first Sunday School lesson of this month that I taught the kids was based on Matthew 19:14 "Let the little children come unto me." We talked about how the children were kept away from Jesus and how he wanted them to come to him. He rebuked the disciples for holding them back. If you continue reading in that passage Jesus says, "...and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." He didn't say that the kingdom belongs to the grown ups who work so hard every day, or to the scholar who spends his time in books, or to the artist who paints God's beautiful creation. He said that it belongs to the most innocent and pure of the human race. Children. How often we get so consumed in our desire to be complicated. Busy lives, lots of activities...how much can I cram into one day? Have we ever just stopped and remembered that God wants us to love and have faith just like a child? A love that doesn't question or doubt. A faith that simply believes...just as little girls believe that life is like a fairy tale and boys believe in Super Heroes. Have you ever stopped and listened to the concerns of a little one? Their whole world revolves around whether they got to go outside and play swords or Barbie got to ride in her convertable. They are so simple in their thoughts and feelings. Sometimes I take that for granted.

What must our concerns sound like to God? Are we missing the point? I know there is more to this life than what we try and make of it. We become complicated and try to take control. Partly because we just don't know how to BE STILL AND LISTEN....and let God give the direction. It is my desire to learn how to do that so well that I become a pro. To calm life down a bit...become a little more "simplistic".

To love without question or doubt and have a faith that simply believes.

Just like a child...because my Father said it should be so.

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." 1 Corinthians 13

No comments: